Do you have plans for New Year’s Eve yet? We don’t have anything planned so far (total 😳😳😳) but it’s been fun to see everyone getting into the holiday spirit here.
This month I watched 3 movies in Russian (Джуманджи: Новый уровень + Холоп in the theater and Питер FM on YouTube). I’m starting to think about how I can improve my Russian in 2020 and I think watching movies will be a big part of it. Next month I’m planning to see (НЕ)идеальный мужчина and Вторжение. Have you seen any movies in Russian lately? Are you starting to think about how you’ll improve your Russian in 2020?
To the roundup!
- New Russian words from 2019.
- What does Я хз mean?
- Take a walk through Moscow’s Park of Fallen Monuments.
- For when you’re bored: Reddit’s Ask a Russian.
- Make yourself some cranberry kvass or beet kvass.
- Amazon Prime Europe is getting a new Russian TV show.
- Do you know what Сто лет в обед means?
- On surfing in Kamchatka.
- Twitter + Yakutia = https://twitter.com/yakutia.
- Short article on several Russian words that are harder to express in English.
- English & Russian proverbs.
- Two useful Russian words of the day: пощёчина and самообладание.
- Everything you could ever want to know about the verb держать.
- Have you seen the Moscow Health Department’s video on vampires and anti-vaxxers?
- How to not get refused for a St. Pete’s e-visa.
- Improve your Russian vocab with this simple online game.
- This just happened but maybe you can find info here for a future opportunity: Volunteer Archaeology in Kazakhstan.
- So, Lenin was… a mushroom? How have I not heard about this?!
- Why you wouldn’t want to fly on the Soviet Concorde – The TU-144 story.
- One-minute video of an amazing project for WWII veterans called Бесплатный ремонт.
- Food for thought as we enter a new year: Language learning habits: how to achieve more by trying less.
What is one thing you did this month to improve your Russian? What are your language goals for next year? Leave me a comment below! 🙂