This month I watched a short telenovela called Минус один. Next up? Reading a sample of The Anna Karenina Fix: Life Lessons from Russian Literature. We’re also getting ready to mail a box of souvenirs to some friends in Oregon… even though neither my family nor my husband’s family have received their Christmas presents yet. I’m thinking perhaps some sneaky post office worker has been enjoying a big stash of Natura Siberica and Russian candy.
To the roundup!
Good stuff to read
- Do you know the Russian equivalent of John Smith?
- This Twitter account can help you learn new Russian idioms.
- 10 untranslatable Russian phrases to show off your skills.
- An ode to the stolovayas of Yakutia.
- Shopping in Samarkand’s Siyob Bazaar.
- Elon Musk’s reaction to all those Как тебе такое, Илон Маск? memes… “хаха офигенно”.
- Did you know that 2019 is The Year of the Periodic Table?
- A beginner’s guide to Runglish.
- NSFW Arabic-Russian false friends.
Good stuff to watch
What is one thing you did this month to improve your Russian? What are your language goals for March? Leave me a comment below!