I had high hopes for this month.
On July 1st, I told myself, “I’ll do a bunch of Russian word searches!”
I did two.
“I’ll finish my Russian song book!”
I copied the lyrics for three songs and never opened the book again.
“I’ll start reading a book in Russian!”
Apparently I spent all my Russian time reading online because today I have tons of cool links to share with you.
But on the other hand, this month I had so much fun following the trans-siberian adventures of Amy @wayfarersbook and Olga @AmazingRussian’s journey to Moscow, St. Petersburg, and Karelia!
To the roundup!
- This dog video cracked me up all month and taught me the meaning of валим боком (drifting).
- Massive flooding in the Irkutsk region this summer.
- Can foreigners buy real estate in Russia?
- How to know if your трамвай ticket is a lucky one.
- Lobachevsky University in Nizhny Novgorod now offers not only a Russian-language summer school but also an International Relations summer school, an App Developer summer school, and a Doing-Business-in-Russia summer school.
- Clever Russian word puzzles: part 1 and part 2.
- Quick- can you name at least 9 things to do in Moscow’s Gorky Park?
- 10 Russian short stories that will transform your life.
- Runglish on the International Space Station.
- Russian news vocabulary: part 1 and part 2.
- Russian classical authors like guys from high school.
- Pop quiz: how many meanings does брак have?
- Would you try the корюшка craze in St. Petersburg? (Thanks for the idea, Al!)
- Yakutia’s newest star: a brave English teacher from Nigeria!
- Do you know how to say “bummer!” in Russian?
- My mind was COMPLETELY blown by this Russian pronunciation video, woah.
What is one thing you did this month to improve your Russian? What are your language goals for August… or are you taking a break? Leave me a comment below!