Here are some interesting finds from October- hope you enjoy them!
- Иностранка в русском аду. (Or, the unpleasant experience of an Icelander in a Russian hospital.)
- Can you tell the real Russian headlines from the fake ones? I had some trouble with this- my score was 10/20.
- Very strange creatures in Russia: what is Сидорова коза? Ёшкин кот? бляха муха?
- Siberia Stories: a Year in Yakutia. The blog of a woman’s 2014/15 adventures in Russia.
- Russian Word of the Day: гнездо. How much do you know about this word?
- Actually, listen to this at your own peril: Opinion: Russian rap needs to kick its addiction to America.
- Magadan by Vasia Oblomov: the shit song that drunk Russians love so much. (But listen to the Russian version!) I’m neither Russian nor drunk, but I really dig this song. The lyrics are super easy to understand, and now when anyone asks me where I’m going, the answer is always еду в магадан, haha.
- Oldushka blog. Street snapshots of Russian fashion… among the elderly! 🙂 PS: Oldushka is actually also a modeling agency for senior citizens in Russia.
November Study Plan
Here’s what is on my list for November…
I’ll link them all up in November’s Russian Roundup.